Pages - Menu

Wednesday 16 January 2013

BACK IT UP! Like a tonka truck.

He lived a simple life, he lived a happy life. He lived a life full of knowledge, full of memory, full of melodies. He died a slow, and excruciatingly painful death - a death without a mere sign, no symptoms, no warnings, no goodbyes. He left my life the same way he arrived into it: as a surprise.

Yes, that's right. I'm writing about my beloved MacBook Air whose time came far too soon and far too suddenly. It's rather petty how I'm writing about the death of my MacBook, but I'm sure I'm not the only one who shares the same pain as I felt at that moment.

Casually sitting on my bed catching up on ignored Gossip Girl episodes throughout the last season, my laptop suddenly froze and shut down. Giving up, it took over thirty minutes rebooting itself in the grey start up screen, but even shorter to realise I was in trouble.

Stupidly enough, I failed at backing up my files so you could clearly hear my heart breaking as the hard drive stressed and heated. So there goes my memories; my uploads from my previous iPhone, my videos of One Direction's first live show in Australia, my university notes! It was all gone.

I eventually booked myself in for a reservation at the Apple Store along George St in Sydney. Could these so called 'Geniuses' possibly fix a broken heart? I could only hope so. Reminding me of how clever I was for insuring my MacBook with an AppleCare package I was able to spare myself from paying over $1,500 just to fix the two broken hard drives or, whatever he said.

On the receipt, which I held close to my heart it stated it would take only 3 to 5 days to repair. Well, it's been two weeks. Awkward. I called up the store, after waiting in line for at least 20 minutes only to have them say they're still waiting on parts. AFTER TWO WEEKS?! REALLY?!

I was devastated, I began to think: Should I just give up and get a new laptop? What's the point anymore!

Until...


YES! They gave me a brand new one, the latest edition of the MacBook Air too with the latest software! They continued to apologize over how they made me wait two weeks for parts. I guess they thought it wasn't worth waiting for. Not that I'm complaining. It literally made me so happy (not to sound materialistic or whatever) but I scored a brand new MacBook for free. It just makes me really sad that I don't have all of my old content.

Don't you hate it when you don't back up!?

2 comments:

  1. "He lived a simple life, he lived a happy life. He lived a life full of knowledge, full of memory, full of melodies. He died a slow, and excruciatingly painful death - a death without a mere sign, no symptoms, no warnings, no goodbyes. He left my life the same way he arrived into it: as a surprise."

    I completely love that! This was such a cute blog, and about a computer. Plus the title is hilarious.

    Love everything about this.


    Kelsey
    www.littleredumbrellas.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHA Thank you so much Kelsey! I'm glad you liked it! :) x

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thanks so much for leaving a comment it actually means the world to me knowing someone is reading! With that being said I do read every comment and try my best to reply. If you'd like me to check out your blog feel free to leave a link, I would best appreciate it if you followed back too!

Much love, Niki :) x

Popular Posts